PDA

View Full Version : Security

ALAN
01-24-2004, 09:07 PM
Hi All, I own a 1985 K-100RS. There is a key hole located above the motor. Is it a security system? If so how does it work?
Thanks,
Al

basketcase
01-24-2004, 09:42 PM
- Ignition switch -- obvious.

- Fork lock -- on the right side of the steering head ... or is it the left on an '85? Either way, it's a bugger to get to, IME.

- Seat lock -- on the left side at the bottom edge of the seat, about mid-way between the "Y" section of the frame.

Assuming it is not one of those, it must be some type of add on. Two questions:

1. Have you tried it to see what happens?

2. Can you by any chance post a picture?

And welcome to the asylum.

ALAN
01-24-2004, 09:58 PM
None of the above, . It's raining now, I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Thanks.
Al

ALAN
01-24-2004, 10:13 PM
None of the above, . It's raining now, I'll post a pic tomorrow.
Thanks.
Al

kioolt
01-25-2004, 02:54 AM
My 91 K100LT has a factory alarm with the key switch mounted above the ignition coil cover on the relay box. It came with a separate key. The actual alarm module is under the seat in the tool tray. There is a plunger switch that would set the alarm off if the seat were opened. I believe it has a motion sensor in it. I also believe that it is suppose to detect the ignition switch being turned on. I seem to remember that the bike should be on the centerstand before arming the alarm. Also I believe that there is a backup battery built into the alarm module in case someone tried to disable the alarm by removing the ground on the main battery.